If you would like to begin the admission process for an undergraduate programme into Hill City University of Science and Technology (HCUST), Kindly follow the following steps and requirements:
NOTE: THIS INFORMATION SHEET IS FREE OF CHARGE
Welcome to our Enviable, exceptional and God fearing University . A City set on a Hill, Illuminating Generations (Mathew 5:14). We keep Leading as Stars and Shinning as Light.
(A). SUMMARY ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
THE UNIVERSITY NAME, HERITAGE AND ACCREDITATIONS
Hill-City University Benin (HCUB) and Hill-City University of Science and Technology (HCUST) Liberia Migrated from the book of Mathew 5: 14 and I quote “Ye are the Light of the World. A city set on a Hill cannot be hid”. Hill City University is about inspiring and illuminating the global generations via Education and in the way of the lord to “shine as light and lead as stars”.
Hill-City University was founded by the Brothers of Christian Instruction and Inspiration.
(B). ACCREDITATIONS OF THE UNIVERSITY BY NCHE LIBERIA
Hill-City University of Science and Technology (HCUST) is International University with Campuses in Republic of Benin, Republic of Cameroon (International University Bamenda) with various Collaborations internationally. Hill-City University of Science and Technology was accredited by the National Commission on Higher Education (NCHE), SD COOPER ROAD, Monrovia, Liberia in JUNE 2019.
Hill-City University is a Bilingual University (ENGLISH AND FRENCH LANGUAGES). The university has graduated viable students in various fields from our parents university in both Health Sciences, Technology, Humanity, Management etc.
C. HCUST/HCUB ACCREDITED ASSOCIATES AND DEGREES PROGRAMES
(I). FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES:
B.SC (MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE, BIOCHEMISTRY, MICROBIOLOGY, NURSING, PHARMACY, PUBLIC HEALTH SCIENCE, FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH SCIENCE.
(II). FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY:
COMPUTER SCIENCE/ICT, COMPUTER ENGINEERING, CHEMICAL & PETROLEUM ENGINEERING, ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS & SUSTAINABLE ENGINEERING, GEOLOGICAL & MINING ENGINEERING.
(III). FACULTY OF HUMANITY AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: B.SC /LLB (CRIMINOLOGY & CRIMINAL JUSTICE, INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS & DIPLOMACY, MASS COMMUNICATIONS & JOURNALISM, EDUCATION (PRIMARYEDUCATION, SECONDARY EDUCATION & EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION AND PLANNING), ACCOUNTING, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIONS, ESTATE PROPERTIES & PROJECT MANAGEMENTS, DIGITAL MARKETING, GENERAL LAW – BENIN)
(D). ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates seeking admission into any of the Departments of the Faculty must possess at least five credit passes obtained at not more than two sitting in SSCE/HIGH GRADE SCHOOL/BAC/NABTEB/ WAEC,/NECO/GCE, A‘ Level . Admission is strictly in accordance with the approved admission policy of the University. HCUST entrance examination is also conducted to all applied candidate before issuance of admission letter.
(E). STAGES TO SECURE ADMISSION INTO HILL-CITY UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
(i). Collection of Information Sheet
The first stage to gain admission into any of the programme in the university is to come to the campus or via online/email to request FREE OF CHARGE for the INFORMATION SHEET. The university have recently (30th April, 2021) decided to give out the information sheet to only interested candidate who will be willing to secure admission into any of the programme free of charge (No Payment).
(ii). Taking the Entrance Exam (FEE: USD25)
It is mandatory that any interested candidate seeking for admission into any of the university programme take either ONLINE ENTRANCE EXAM OR PHYSICALLY take the Entrance in the campus. This takes place after:
- You have study through the information sheet,
- Identify your programme of study
- Pay the Entrance Fee of USD25 ONLY to the University Bank Account stated herewith on this information sheet and return with the Bank Deposit Slip to obtain the university receipt from the Account Office
- Take the receipt to the Admission officer to obtain the Admission Application Form by showing the Admission Officer the receipt collected from the Account Officer
- Complete the Admission Form and Submit to the Admission Officer. Please on the Admission Form, indicate the Date you wish to take/sit for the Entrance and where you want to sit for it (Campus or Online). NOTE that Entrance exam deadline is within Five (5) working days after you completed and submit your admission application form.
- Come with the original copies of your credentials to the admission officer for verification before submission of the completed admission form
- Within 48 hours you can either call the admission Officer for your Entrance remark/result information.
(iii). Registrations into the Programme and Payment of the Fees (USD 100).
Immediately you are confirm to have passed the Entrance Exam,
- The Admission Office will prepare your ADMISSION LETTER for you within 48 hours.
- As soon as you pick up your admission Letter,
- You go straight to the university Bank Account (Any UBA BANK LIBERIA) to pay your Registrations Fee of USD100 ONLY.
- Bring the Bank Deposit Slip to the Account Office for the university receipt.
- Take the receipt to the Admission/Academics Office to show them your Registration Fee receipt and collect Yellow, Green, Blue and Red Form for your Registration. Complete the colored Forms and ensure they are signed, purchase the required files (4 colors) either from the Account office or you get the samples from the Account office to buy by yourself.
- Put all the completed and signed Registration forms with copies of all your credentials and submit them to Academics Affairs.
- Note that Deadline for Registration is within seven (7) to fourteen (14) days you collect your Admission Letter or you sat for the Entrance Exam.
- Penalty for late Registration is USD80.
(iv). HCUST Admission Letter Package
After you have Paid your Registration Fees, your Admission letter will come with HCUST FRESHERS PACKEGE which won’t be unveil here because is your welcome Gift and Package set for you to open or unveil yourself.
(v). Payment of Tuition and other Fees
After your Registrations, you are expected to immediately return to the Bank (UBA BANK) to pay your school fees as below to enable you attend lectures:
- 100% of the Required Other – Fees
- Minimum 60% Tuition Fees to enable you get your Lecture Permits, Attend Lectures and to sit for MID-SEMESTER EXAM/TEST
- After you pay to the Bank, return the Deposit Slip to the Account office to collect the university receipt and lecture permit.
- You can pay your Balance 40% Tuition Fees before the Final Semester Exam to enable you obtain Exam Permit and to sit for the Final Exam.
(vi). Lecture Permit
HCUST Lecture Permit is issued to any student that has been able to satisfy from i-v above.
- After you have paid the required fees as stated in (v) above, the Account Officer is to issued along with your receipt Lecture Permit. Keep this Lecture permit jealously as you will use it till the end of the semester. It attract USD10 for replacement if loss/damage and must be paid into the university Account.
(vi). Student’s ID-CARD
Hill-City Student’s ID-CARD will be issue to you from the Account department alongside with your admission letter after you have successfully paid your fees, obtained Lectures Permit and have paid your Registration fee with proof of the university receipt. The ID-CARD last for One Academic year and is chargeable to renew it by the university.
(vii) STUDENTS HOSTEL/DOMENTRY
Hostel is available for any interested student at the rate of USD 250 per semester with student bunk bed for 4 students per room. If interested, collect the form from director of residence and property. (Mr. Agbure Aaron: 0775334161). Note that, it is 100% payment to secure space.
(viii) The University Authorized Bank Account Details
BANK NAME: UBA BANK LIBERIA (USD ACCOUNT ONLY)
ACCOUNT NAME: HILL-CITY UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 53030030022934
(ix). HCUST All Faculties and Departments Fees- Breakdown
Kindly see the attached page for our details fees breakdown and our 50% SCHOLARSHIPS TUITION FEES Awards to ALL LIBERIANS from FIRST YEAR TO FINAL YEAR GRADUATION.
Applications are accepted in Batches.
Batch A: January to February (Spring) Batch B: April to June (Summer) Batch C: August to September (Winter) You must begin the process during the last academic year of secondary education before University. We recommend that you begin the admission process as early as possible because the number of places in the programmes is limited.
Jamb not Required (For Foreign applicant)
- LIBERIA Applicants- WASCE, High School Testimonial, Diploma Certificate.
- Five (5) credit passes in Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSCE) or General Certificate of Education (GCE) or National Examination Council Examination (NECO) or their equivalents in the following subjects: English Language; Economics; Mathematics or Further Mathematics; any two (2) of Accounting, Commerce, Geography, Government or Business Methods. (Not more than two sittings)
- Other Requirements:
- Birth Certificate or Age declaration.
- 4 Passport Picture (Passport photo)
- Application Form/Information Sheet duly filled by the applicant
- International Passport and Yellow Card ( Only for International Applicants eg, Nigerians)
- International credentials that are not noted above will be evaluated in accordance with the International Academic Credentials Handbook.
- Meeting the minimum entrance requirement for any of the programs does not guarantee admissions into the University program.
“For transfer student, if you have attempted or completed 18 or more credits at another college or university after high school graduation is accepted.”
Read also: WHY STUDY AT HILL CITY UNIVERSITY